1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s pretty much picked his teammates since his last year in Cleveland Part 1. That’s 10+ years he’s had more control over the roster than any player in history. He’s picked his coaches too.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This is as silly and wrong as it's been every time you've posted it.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

lebron is a pawn like everyone else. A ship at sea, subject to the whims of fate. He’s just lucky, that’s why he ends up playing with so many future HOFers and in the two most desirable playing markets in the NBA in LA and Miami...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

LeBron has been in the league a long time. He's played with some outstanding teams around him and some pretty shoddy ones. The difference now is that he may not be able to carry a lesser outfit as he did in his younger days.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Chis Paul seems like he was sent to basketball hell.

It’s sad seeing players on these teams left in the dust. It’s like the kids who stayed at the party after the cool kids left.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I had absolutely zero expectations for the Suns this year. They appear to be wildly better than I expected, at least after two games.

Tweener likes this.
  7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

These guys are so good at what they do...

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This might be the highlight of the season for the Suns.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They're at least interesting. And I'm trying to find ways to watch games, which hasn't happened since that near playoff run six years ago. It's a step in the right direction.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

'Special player': Draymond Green's No. 23 to be retired by Michigan State

Thought this was a better fit here than the MSU Penn State thread
    The amazing thing about this is Izzo barely recruited Day Day
    Draymond committed to Kentucky but reopened his recruitment after Tubby went to Minnesota
    Izzo was busy chasing a top 5 recruit everyone wanted, Delvon Roe
    Once he got Roe, he went after Green
    Roe had a lot of talent but injuries derailed his career
    He has had some success as an actor

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

That’s true, though I guess I just think the same could be said for a lot of stars, past or present, at some point in their careers.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I don’t blame CP for signing a massive, long-term deal with Houston. I would’ve, too. But he had to know that locking himself into a deal like that would limit his options if he became a salary dump. It’s the one downside to signing a full guaranteed $160 million contract.

Draft saved Draft deleted