1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Is it bad if a point guard can't dribble well? I think that's not something you want, but I'm not an analytics guru.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I see that TNT has toned down the brightness of the shot clock on the court. Sorta hard to see it now.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Another unnecessary diversion. Like the down and distance on-the-field stuff on NFL games. Who cares? If I want to know the shot clock, I'll look for it.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Once they make it transparent, it'll be perfect.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Don’t tell @heyabbott but half the league seems to be rocking cornrows this week.

JC likes this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Russell Westbrook's hair... That's a statement. Not sure what the hell it says, but it's a statement.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

So Steph Curry is going to see how the other half lives this year as he tries to carry that roster to an 8 seed in the West.

8. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Someone wrote on Twitter that all LeBron fans are looking forward to Steph discovering what it’s like to play with four Jamario Moons. But hasn’t LeBron played with the likes of D-Wade, Bosh, Kyrie, Love and AD during his career?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ayton suspended 25 games. Suns fans just can't have nice things.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he's also had plenty of years when he's been entirely surrounded by stiffs.

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Bo Derek aside, can you really ever rock cornrows?

ChrisLong likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Didn’t anyone watch the W’s in 2009-2013? It was ugly, even as Steph went for 50 (and lost at MSG).

Draft saved Draft deleted