1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2019-20 thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, Doncic will be in the Hall of Fame when he's done unless he gets Bernard King knees soon and has to retire by 23.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s one of the things I took from it, yeah.

Beilein doesn’t have a reputation of being hideously insensitive. The opposite, from what I can tell. He shouldn’t have said what he said (that he didn’t mean to say, according to him) but you’d think the players who work with him - some are paid more than he is - could address the matter with him before scurrying to ESPN.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CAVS SNOWFLAKES
    MAKE A BEILEIN
    FOR THE DOOR

Elliotte Friedman likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

"Oh, naggers. Of course."

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

One of the hardest times I've ever laughed was the first time I saw that.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

“Why didn’t you tell me directly you heard me use a slur, shame on you!”

Yet another instance of blaming the recipient. We have an unending history of blaming the recipient.

“Come on can’t you take a joke?!”
    “Come on look at what you wore, of course you wanted me to assault you”
    “Come on look he’s rooting for the other team, of course he gets a broken nose”
    “Come on why are you so sensitive?!”

How about you not make the mistake in the first place?

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Jimmy Butler lol

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Beilein's Wikipedia page notes that he is "the only active coach to have achieved 20-win seasons at four different levels — junior college, NCAA Division III, NCAA Division II, and NCAA Division I." It's still an open question whether he'll hit that milestone in the NBA.

Tweener, sgreenwell, Webster and 2 others like this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Imagine saying the wrong thing - that you claim you didn't know you said - and, instead of any of the people who were offended by it telling you so, nobody did, and went and told your boss, and the media, about it.

I think that's immature. You got a problem with something someone said, and it's that, I think you go ahead and address it with them.

But that's me. Maybe I'm wrong.

I wouldn't have said the word thugs.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you can write those words, then perhaps you can imagine the scenario I laid out in my post, how frustrating that would be.

The Cavaliers are not a model franchise. The place was so toxic Tyronn Lue had to straight-up take a leave of absence, then fired him six games into last season. They've had five coaches in seven years and four of those years included going to the NBA finals!

Draft saved Draft deleted