1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2012: Running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Personally, I'm a Raptors fan and I'm looking forward to watch one of the best prospects in the NBA, Jonas Valanciunas.

He will struggle during the first year, there's no denying that since he's still learning the NBA game. But he'll become a great player, in my opinion.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You should also be looking forward to Kyle Lowry.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

They were touting the return of Kirk Heinrich, which while a good acquisition, is a real stretch.
    I agree with you about Indiana but after the Pacers, I think it's a real crapshoot, hence my speculation on Detroit.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

If he's the guy I'm thinking of from Detroit's game in Toronto, impressive running the floor and displayed a willingness to mix it up on the boards.

5. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Still not 100% sold on Lowry. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a better starter than Jose Calderon who can't play a lick of defense, but I'm not sure if he's the solution at the point guard position. Got to see his first game in a Raptors uniform yesterday, didn't play all that bad, but it was against the Wizards.

6. StephenBailey

StephenBailey New Member

Looking forward to watching Rajon run the Celtics this year. With Courtney Lee as a running partner and KG as a year-long center, it should be fun to watch, health-permitting.

For anyone interested, Jackie MacMullan wrote a good Rondo profile a couple days ago. Portrays the supposed real Rondo pretty well IMO: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8510892/rajon-rondo-steps-shadows-boston-celtics-leader.

I'm also excited to see just how improved the rest of the Atlantic Division is.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Don't follow that closely, but I would guess that Brooklyn will be the 2nd best team in the Eats. On paper, they seem better than Boston.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I think he'll be all right. So, 70.

Love broke his hand doing knuckle push-ups. Or maybe he broke it after putting it through glass while helping Kobe move some boxes in the garage.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Ersan Ilyasova had a breakout season last year and has looked really good thus far.

Last year's first-round pick, Tobias Harris, is starting at 3. Had 4 of the team's 14 blocked shots Saturday night. They're a lot more athletic and some of their younger guys are developing. Larry Sanders (third year, first-rounder in 2010) had five blocks and John Henson (first-rounder this year) had four blocks Saturday. In other words, their last three first-rounders had 13 of the team's 14 blocks. Harris, by the way, is only 20 right now.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm fascinated by what it will be like for Kobe Bryant to play with a real point guard for the first time in his career.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thought Milwaukee was young, but not that young. I hope the Bucks do well. Still sentimental due to the Nellie years.

12. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

As a Rockets fan I'm going to enjoy watching all the youngsters develop and which of the rookies are going to be good. Also as a Rockets fan, I'm going to be pissed off when they go 42-40 and once again have the dilemma of not being a contender but being too good to get the all star they need.

Draft saved Draft deleted