1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA '08 Playoff Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bostonbred, Apr 17, 2008.

?

Who are you picking to win the NBA Championship?

1. Boston Celtics

23 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Detroit Pistons

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Orlando Magic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Cleveland Cavaliers

2 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Washington Wizards

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Toronto Raptors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Philadelphia 76ers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Atlanta Hawks

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  9. Los Angeles Lakers

21 vote(s)
    25.6%
  10. New Orleans Hornets

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  11. San Antonio Spurs

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  12. Utah Jazz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Houston Rockets

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  14. Phoenix Suns

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  15. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Denver Nuggets

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So you say Moses does not qualify as one of the greatest ever because his Philly teams twice lost to teams not named Boston in the playoffs.

Yet you say Ewing IS one of the greatest ever despite the fact that his teams flamed out in the playoffs year after year after year after year, except of course in 99 when the Knicks reached the finals with Ewing stuck on the bench watching his teammates play better without him.

Your logic gets sounder by the minute.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oooooh, Devil. He didn't say it to your face. You won.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Nice comeback, I guess I figure it's respectfull to talk to people on here as I would to their face. I guess you disagree.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what if someone wouldn't shy away from poking you in the eye if they got in an argument with you?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

dammit would someone just answer my reggie lewis question.

6. Is the answer 23?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good guess, but the answer is billy ray bates.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He was an all-star but not as good as a Kobe or Bird or even Moses Malone. I don't even think he was as good as Worthy.

He was a little hype driven because he was "the next great Celtic" after their run in the 1980s.

In modern standards, I think he was a lesser player than Pierce. Maybe as good as Alllen.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Lewis' career is one of those agonizing question marks because he was still improving and still pretty young at the time of his death. Lewis improved significantly nearly every season, he reached all-star status in his final few years, and appeared to still be ascending. We never got to see his ceiling.

And his impact on the team is fairly well illustrated by the immediate change in the Celts fortunes. The Celtics were still a winning/playoff team every year with Reggie, his death marks the moment that stopped: the Celts went 48-34 in Reggie's final season, 32-50 the next without him.

Draft saved Draft deleted