1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nazis ... IN SPACE!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, May 25, 2008.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

That's the premise of an interesting movie in the works.

Pretty cool-looking trailer:

2. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

That just might be the stupidest plot I've ever heard of. I'm not going to even pretend that it's plausible, but assuming it was, there are so many questions that come to mind that my head hurts.

That being said, that trailer was cool.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What are they, 90 years old?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Will they come back in the springtime to be with Hitler?

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

These guys will save us from that Nazi threat

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

They were Nazis, Dude?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I can't decide whether this is potentially awesome or incredibly stupid.

And how do they have that much trailer footage for a movie they haven't even started shooting?

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Just watched the trailer. I'd go with incredibly stupid.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The latter.

Nazis are not fucking cartoon characters, this isn't some Alien vs. Predator fantasy crap, Nazis represented the worst aspects of man. Why even park in the ballpark of getting close to that?

To me, it's pretty much bullshit that a movie is turning them into sci-fi baddies.

10. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Right, like that's never been done before.

[​IMG]

Colonel Dietrich (Wolf Kahler) is a German Wehrmacht officer that has been ordered by Hitler to oversee the search for the Ark of the Covenant by the French archaeologist Belloq. Dietrich is loyal to his leader and is determined that Germany will possess the Ark, allowing nothing to stand in his way of that goal.

Dietrich tolerates Belloq's fascination with Marion Ravenwood but when he has what he traveled to Egypt for, he doesn't spare a moment's hesitation in dispensing of the American woman, making her suffer the same entombment that the Nazis have in store for Indiana Jones.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I see your point, though the Nazis have been parodied numerous times -- including by Bugs Bunny and the Stooges at the time. I think there's something to the idea that making something evil look ridiculous takes away its power.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Have you ever read a Spielberg interview? Part of the reason he made Schindler's List is he was ashamed of the cartoonish way he portrayed Nazis in the Indiana Jones series.

Draft saved Draft deleted