1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nava

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jul 3, 2010.

1. Unless Nava blows a goat the Boggs reference is a little off.

Though to be fair to Boggs - he only blew the goat because he lost a bet (though the bet didn't say anything about him having to swallow).

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Should this entire thread be in blue type?

3. Blue type? Are you serious?

Daniel Nava is averaging an RBI every 4.8 AB. To put that in perspective - Hank Aaron averaged an RBI every 5.4 AB.

This guy is the real deal. I'm surprised more of you aren't jumping on the bandwagon.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

He's also averaging 1 home run per 77 at-bats. To put that into perspective, Hank Aaron averaged 1 home run every 16 at-bats.

5. Put Nava on the juice and he'd a HR every 16 AB too.

Nava is too clean for that though. He's a shining example for all the kids out there learning to play the game the right way. Nobody is a better example for perseverance.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

You know how comedians have a "rule of three" with jokes? You've gone way past it now. We get it. Ha ha.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I only hope Daniel "Real Deal" Nava can continue putting up "Hank Aaron-type" numbers in Pawtucket.

8. The Red Sox, the bastards, are trying to minimize his MLB service time because they know if he played full time his arbitration salaries would dwarf Albert Pujols' arbitration awards.

As an aside - can we still say dwarf? Or should I have said little people Albert Pujols arbitration awards?

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I believe, as someone who hadn't been on a 40-man roster before this year, he has options left. McDonald doesn't.
    When Pedey comes back, the Sox face a tough call on Eric Patterson, who was a nice pickup from Oakland. Would they send Lowrie back to Pawtucket?

10. Another HR tonight.

If the Red Sox miss the playoffs it will be because they didn't properly harness the awesomeness of Nava.

Draft saved Draft deleted