1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naturally, no thread yet on Romney's speech Thursday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I believe that's the Newer Testament, F_B.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And how is that imposed now? Belief systems aren't limited to a religion or a morality. Does that mean that those who wish to outlaw abortion are doing it on the basis of the Bible? Not in total.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yawn,
    You need look no further than your party's primary campaign!

Authored by American diplomat Joel Barlow in 1796, the following treaty was sent to the floor of the Senate, June 7, 1797, where it was read aloud in its entirety and unanimously approved. John Adams, having seen the treaty, signed it and proudly proclaimed it to the Nation.

Art. 11.
    As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think that is in, as you call it, the Newer Testament, otherwise known as the revisionist Bible of the Mormon faith and/or the Book of Mormon.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I said it WAS NOT imposed now.

6. Point of Order

Then why is Romney giving the speech?

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

We interrupt this program to bring you an important news update: An American presidential candidate went on the record earlier today as being in favor of faith and freedom. Again, that's faith - and freedom. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

8. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

I want the American people to know that I am strongly in favor of puppies!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sorry. I believe I Love Puppies! has that position staked out already. And killing kittens is taken, for sure.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

To show that Mormons aren't bad people?

11. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

All Republicans are not like Yawn.

Just throwing that out there, again.

12. Point of Order

I haven't heard anyone say that Mormons are bad people. I HAVE heard a lot of republicans say that a Mormon should not be president.

Draft saved Draft deleted