1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nationwide - Sports Writers/Interns Needed

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by WeTalkSports, Aug 2, 2007.

1. WeTalkSports

WeTalkSports New Member

We are looking for Sports Writers and Interns for a New Sports Website:

www.WeTalkSports.com is a up and coming Sports Website that has over 4000 Users within a few months.

Looking for TALENT!

Some articles may be accepted as short as 2 paragraphs. On a event and ongoing event that is followed.

If you have a passion for writing and starting with us, please contact us urgently!

The following type of writers we are looking for.

A sports writer has the responsibility to both entertain and inform people about what is occurring within the world of sports. Some sports writers focus on one particular sport whereas others write on all sports within a given area. Some sports writers are syndicated or are published in more than one newspaper and others may write for a local newspaper or even for a website, blog, magazine or TV show.

Those sports writers that do freelance work pick their sporting events to cover, whereas those that work for a publication are usually assigned stories.

Both types of sports writers have to be able to capture the excitement and interest of the reader as well as provide an accurate depiction of the sporting event or issue that they are writing on.

Creativity, a very complete understanding of the sport, good rapport with athletes, coaches and managers as well as an ability to write are all important for a sports writer.

An interest in news as well as keeping up-to-date on all issues with regards to the sports community is also important on a daily basis.

Common work activities include:

Attending games and sporting events to be able to write accurately and effectively on the events of the game.

Writing insightful, informative and original stories on various aspects of sports from human interest on up to game day results.

Researching, networking and developing contacts in the sporting world that can provide accurate and up-to-date information on various aspects of the sport. .

Keeping in constant contact with athletes, owners, coaches and managers and using high ethical standards to avoid compromising the writing.

Contact me at: Sein123@aol.com

Rich H.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Re: Nationwide - Sports Writing Interns Needed

I'm scared.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And what pay would one receive for this laundry list of responsibilities?

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

....damn.

5. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

I'd rather work in Martinsville ... :|

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'd rather work in Trenton ...

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd rather post on wenalway

8. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. What does a sportswriter do again?

10. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

why did I go to college? I should have just read this guy's definition of a "sports writer"

11. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

I thought I had read that before. It isn't even THIS GUY'S definition!!! :eek: :-X :eek:

http://www.jobprofiles.org/artsportswriter.htm

THIEF!

... high ethical standards to avoid compromising the writing, indeed!

12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

The current top post from one of their 'sports writers'

free beer! - 2007/08/03 03:08
    jsut kidding, lol srry i was tryin to get ya to open the bulliten! obviously it worked... hehe

well anywyas, jsut wanted to see who all i could get to vote for me tonight and well anytime actually.. my lead slipped today ya pretty sad, so go vote vote vote!!

well i'm gonna go to bed before i cant even make it there lol gnight ya'll

Draft saved Draft deleted