1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Trivia Day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 4, 2012.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Gotta be J.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Since the merger in 1970, only two NFL teams have not had a local blackout (i.e., nonsellout).

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

No joke.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Can't vouch for the authenticity of this one, but over the Christmas holidays a co-worker was bugging everyone in the office to name the three (men's) teams that have made at least one three-pointer in every game they've played since the shot came into existence.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

NY Giants and Green Bay Packers?

6. dieditor

dieditor Member

I would guess Washington and Green Bay.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Doubt the Redskins have been solid-sold, especially recently.

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I believe it's three teams: Packers, Redskins and Broncos.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup, it is three. My mistake. And it's those three.

But if you want to get technical -- and I don't, since they weren't in the league at the time -- Texans and Ravens fall into that group.

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

I celebrated National Trivia Night by going to my local pub in Los Angeles for trivia night. The team we were battling with for the entire night included Jon Hamm, Elisabeth Moss, the guy who plays Harry on "Mad Men." We wound up finishing behind them by one point (the big culprit being that we mixed up Buster Keaton and Harold Lloyd in a picture round asking you to name silent film stars). However, we both lost to a team that came from behind by getting all 12 questions right on the final round and "doubling down" - you either get them all right and get double the point or no points if you get even one wrong.

The question? Name all 12 OPEC countries.

These were three kids in the mid-20s who looked like they were extras from "Entourage." They also happened to be sitting in a corner of a bar where you couldn't see them while they were playing. There is zero percent chance they didn't sneak a peak at a smartphone and crib the answers. I was so mad that if I had a lawnmower, I would have run over their legs.

For the record, Jon Hamm is dreamy. Smokes A LOT, though.

11. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I thought he tripled in the first game of his second season and then never tripled again. (he did have one HR in his rookie season of 1952 and one triple in 1953).

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This may have been mentioned, but my favorite trivia/numbers fact is that of Stan Musial's 3,630 hits, they were split exactly 50/50: 1,815 at home, 1,815 on the road.

I'm gonna be pissed if buckweaver stops by and tells me I'm wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted