1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National title game: Ohio State vs. ________

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Dec 3, 2006.

?

Who SHOULD be Ohio State's opponent?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2006.
  1. Florida

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Michigan

15 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. Boise State

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. LSU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Oklahoma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think Arkansas would stand a better chance against Ohio State than Florida will.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Correction, now it's up to them to win it. They're not there to prove they were as good as or better than Michigan -- in other words, lose by three points or less. They're there to win, period. They don't care about Michigan now.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's the beauty of finishing the Big Ten season before Turkey Day: a long layoff before bowl games. And don't expect the Big Ten to change the schedule either for their teams to squeeze in 1-2 more games after Thanksgiving.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But those who like to bitch about the BCS will be sure to point it out if UF gets sodomized by the Buckeyes.

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

IF? Try WHEN.

And, lots of people will be sure to point out a Michigan win over USC and a Notre Dame win over LSU.

Whoa, wait, sorry. ND ain't beatin' LSU.

7. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I agree, Oz. Everyone thought Miami would ROLL Ohio State in '02 and I see the parallels this season. Unfortunately for Miami, they did not have Browns Ohio State coach Jim Tressel. The dude can coach 'em up in big games.

I love Urban Meyer for what he did at my alma matter... BGSU... but I truly think OSU will have little trouble on Jan. 8 thanks to Mr. Sweater Vest.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I don't know if this was mentioned, but I just read Tressel declined to vote in the final coaches' poll.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It was brought up in the coaches poll thread.

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Apples and oranges Oz...That OSU team was ripped up and down as a slow, plodding team from a weak conference. (Having covered them, I laughed at that criticism). No one is saying similar things about Florida.

The Gators can match the Buckeyes athlete for athlete but OSU has the better team.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While Urban Meyer is a whiny little bitch, who was the Harris Poll voter who helped him along by giving Florida a first-place vote?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

But people are kind of writing off the Gators just the same, which is why I used that as an example.

Draft saved Draft deleted