1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Post deconstructs how godawful SNL is

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

Except it wasn't hilarious. It was tired. Didn't laugh once.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You are definitely in the minority of everyone I've ever talked with about that skit.

Just saying.

And the minority is dangerously close to one.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Make that two, I didn't think it was funny either.

4. Mutah

Mutah Member

What sad, humorless lives you must lead. You didn't even chuckle, once? C'mon.

I've got a friend whose sense of humor is vastly different than mine, and I'm okay with that. But even we agreed that "Lazy Sunday" was funny. Differing degrees of funny, in perspective, but funny nonetheless.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but if I have to watch weeks worth of dredge from that show for one truly funny nugget, I'll invest my time a little more wisely in a show like Chelsea Handler. SNL just isn't worth the time you have to invest to get something funny from it.

6. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

I laugh a lot. But I do save it for the stuff that's actually funny.

7. Mutah

Mutah Member

Sorry, but if I have to watch weeks worth of dredge from that show for one truly funny nugget, I'll invest my time a little more wisely in a show like Chelsea Handler. SNL just isn't worth the time you have to invest to get something funny from it.
    Again, try to grasp this. Focus. Nobody here is saying SNL is funny. Just pointing out "Lazy Sunday" specifically. Follow?

And, Moose: For instance? What tickles that cold, grey dessicated funny bone of yours? :-\

8. hardin moose

hardin moose Member

You know that one episode of "Home Improvement," when Tim did some sexist man thing and Jill got all mad and then Tim went out in the yard and talked to Wilson over the fence (and you couldn't see Wilson's mouth)? And then Tim twisted the logic in some Yogi Berra-esque sort of way, but saw the error of his ways and apologized in that same Yogi-esque way? That one still makes me chuckle.
    ;D

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Now that post was funny, hardin.

It was like that episode of the Brady Bunch where one of the kids got in a pickle, and Alice got perplexed, and then Mike gave them a roundabout speech, and everyone was happy at the end.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And to you ... try to grasp this. To even see Lazy Sunday, you'd first have to actually watch a show that's typically dreck. Lazy Sunday may be the funniest thing next to Laurel and Hardy, but I'm not going to bother with a bunch of other SNL snot just to get that one nugget.

11. SNL gave us Seth Meyers.
    The NP gave us Mark Steyn.
    I'd call it a draw.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Boy, did/do I have a crush on Seth Meyers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.