1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Geographic's "Taboo"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagleboy, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Anybody else watching this tonight? They started off with people who hang from hooks by their upper back skin, then moved on to boys in some Pacific Island who put on gloves containing fire ants, and now they're on to boys who are getting cut all over to get scars symbolic of their status as men.

Insane stuff. I had seen the previews for nearly a month and couldn't miss it.
  2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Is Kay Parker in this one?
  3. No, but Charlie "Bird" Parker and Willie Parker are. And maybe Parker Posey.
  4. KG

KG Active Member

I've seen shows on the cutting where they are doing it to a toddler. I know it's a culture thing, and it's just their way, but I just don't think I could handle allowing someone to cut a baby multiple times with a sharp rock. The few minutes of it I've seen on TV were torture enough.
  5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This guy is not involved...

...However, this guy in the middle is because, much like Ryan Sonner, he can't lose...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I'm never starting topics again! :)
  7. KG

KG Active Member

I'm watching the replay of it now. The ant thing is creeping me out. Since they started doing the road construction next to my house, we've had a major ant problem in the yard. I'll probably end up with nightmares after this show, yet I keep watching it.
  8. KG

KG Active Member

Good grief this just isn't right! This is totally insane.
  9. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I know! That's why I made the topic in the first place. Watch what comes next, with the guys and the vines. That's just even more not right, if that's even possible.
  10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I believe Steve-o and Chris Pontius did the ants-in-the-glove thing on an episode of WildBoyz once. I seem to remember a lot of howling and screaming, and then trips for each to the hospital for shots for their swollen, red hands.
  11. KG

KG Active Member

Crazy, crazy, crazy.
Draft saved Draft deleted