1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Finals Rodeo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jeremy Goodwin, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Any rodeo fans on here?

Tonight was the fourth round and I'm happy to say I've been able to watch most of it. I'm about to watch the replay on ESPN Classic.

I think it's been a pretty good rodeo so far and will only get better as the week goes on. There are a few local guys that my shop is covering, so that makes the event more interesting.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cowboys. . . .rowwwrrrrr!

And yea, I've been watching.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

OOH ME ME ME!!! Unfortunately, I don't live near a rodeo anymore...crazy Kentucky...but I've definitely been watching whenever I can, all while enduring endless taunting from my boss. ;D

I was excited when two of the guys that I interviewed for the rodeo I covered in August last year made it to NFR.

I actually know someone who is going to be there tomorrow. Lucky person.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

A girl I work with was watching it, so I started watching it. Then tonight, she didn't work and I still left it on. :D

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Wranglers. The end. :) I'd never date one because they gotta be completely nuts to get on the back of a 2,000-pound animal that wants to kill them...but that doesn't stop them from being hot.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If I'm going to watch a guy in chaps gyrate around, he best be singing "Panama."

7. Jeremy Goodwin

DLR wishes he was a cowboy.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

It's good entertainment, and with the order of events no matter when you turn it on, you get a good mix of timed events and roughstock.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My favorite moment from last year. Kid I covered at a PBR event had the ride of a lifetime.

[​IMG]

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Rodeo's fine with me, but I'm very glad I don't have to report on it any more.

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I didn't mind covering rodeo ... made for some fantastic photos. The cowboys were usually good quotes, too.

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I covered rodeo at my first job, and absolutely fell in love with the sport. Most open athletes of any sport, by far the best fan base besides NASCAR and all around just good people. Love it. Wish I was covering the NFR again this year, and I'll definitely cover it next year.

Still have a horseshoe I found at my second rodeo.

Draft saved Draft deleted