1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nate Silver speaks! Patriots-Seahawks SB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jan 11, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/01/10/statistician-nate-silver-predicts-seahawks-patriots-rematch-in-super-bowl/

I can't find a game prediction in there, but he does say Denver vs. New England is a "de facto Super Bowl" so I guess he would predict a New England SB win.

I honestly would have taken Seattle at 6-1 to win the NFC, but I don't know if they can pull off two three-time-zone trips in a row and then go on the road again. (Silver cites 8-1 right now to win SB but I think it was like 15-1 before the playoff started.)

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He's off his meds.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

What does a gay guy know about football?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Seems like a pretty vanilla prediction to me. He must really be down on the Packers and 49ers, though.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wait, Nate Silver's gay?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think it was 10-1 and you would have gotten better value betting the money line all the way through than betting them at 10-1

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You are all twats.

(I'm not sure how else to post on a thread where Nate Silver's name appears)

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seattle is good enough to do it, but as LTL said, smart money is not on a team that struggled on the road (3-5) this season to win three straight road games, especially over two teams on the other side of the country. But if they win this weekend, I think they would have a very good shot against the Niners. If the Packers win that game, I think that would be a much tougher game, especially as pissed as the Packers still are over that Monday Night debacle.

I think the Broncos will beat the Pats, but I don't think it would stun anyone if the Pats won.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If Denver doesn't make it, I would love to see that rematch.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Regarding the Seahawks' road record, they've won their last three away from home. If they go into Atlanta and win, there's no reason they can't win at SF or GB.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Brendon Ayanbadejo is furious.

Draft saved Draft deleted