1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natalie Pierre Williams in critical condition after car wreck

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Guillermo, Sep 8, 2015.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

WriteThinking: “Why was she so depressed? What did she expect out of life?”

Seriously, thanks for sharing. There was so much conjecture here at the time of the crash. Assuming this post is factually correct, it’s sad that she was attached to such a horrible person.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

JFC.

After the UVa Lacrosse murder, the victim’s family set up the One Love Foundation, whose primary mission is to educate and help victims of abusive relationships.

Her story - JFC.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She pretty much threw the husband under five Greyhounds in that post. Not that he doesn't deserve blame for being an idiot and a criminal before this incident. But she didn't pull any punches.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

A big part of coming out of that hole is acknowledging what happened to you. She was in an abusive relationship, and she got out. Good for her.

Vombatus likes this.
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Excuse me? She tried to get out by dousing herself with gas and setting herself on fire. Good for her?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Hospital bill must be one for the books.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yup. And no reason why she should pull any punches.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I feel like this ties into the Bourdain thread somewhat... if you’re that miserable where you feel like you need to set yourself on fire to get out of a situation... speaks for itself.

Tweener likes this.
  9. Aimee Sachs

Aimee Sachs New Member

She worked at the Tallahassee Democrat after I left. A former coworker told me that he saw her assault another female coworker at a NABJ convention. She also had to resign from the Tallahassee Democrat for plagiarizing.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Was that before or after the fire?

11. Aimee Sachs

Aimee Sachs New Member

Yes.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yes to which?

Draft saved Draft deleted