1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natalee Holloway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I just think sending your kid on a vacation to Aruba or Cancun for graduating high school is a bit over the top.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After all this time I can't believe someone hasn't talked.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Fair enough. I would tend to agree. But I guess to some parents with the means, it's not.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

After all this time, the leading evidence is still missing: the body. Until the body is found, no reason for anyone to talk.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Does anyone need an extra torch? Let me know. I have a couple leftover in my trunk from yesterday's trek to Jersey when we tried to burn down the statehouse.

[​IMG]

6. In my opinion, I wonder what kind of friends allow their girl to wander off with three strangers while she's under the influence, as has been reported. Hell, I know plenty of women who will cock-block one dude trying to go somewhere more quiet with a sober girl. What? No, that's not my dating life, thank you.

7. And odds are the body never will be found, particularly if she drowned.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Friends who are too young to be in a drinking in foreign country sans parents.

9. "Out tarting around"?
    I forgot to get off the bus and ended up in 1877.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Is that what they call it, these days?

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Yeah ... sorry but my kids will never be allowed to take trips out of the country without me standing right there watching them. I feel bad saying that because I know there are some really good study abroad options for high schoolers these days, but at the same time, the world is a much different place from when I was in high school - and that's just 13 years ago. As far as a spring break or high school graduation trip out of the U.S.A. - not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. At least I know in the U.S., if something happens we have a solid set of laws and a strong judicial system to make things a little easier. This whole case is a friggin' shame.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know where I got to go for my high school graduation ... work!

[​IMG]

Well ... I got fired from that job at a similarly titled donut shop in Indy.

I couldn't tell the muffins apart (despite clearly visible signs), I never made cash drops, and I forgot to lock the back door one night, which was bad given that the store got robbed that night. I was the number one suspect, the only thing that let me off the hook was I hanging out with the owners' son.

I cannot BELIEVE the injustice I was dealt!

Taking my firing as a major slight ... I peed all over the bathroom the day I was let go. Take that Mr. Detail Oriented!

Draft saved Draft deleted