1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natalee Holloway

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Dec 18, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If that had been my daughter, the headlines today would be:

Still no clues in deaths of murder suspects

The Holloways trusted the system and the system let them down. Like the undertaker in The Godfather, they should have appealed to a higher authority. I bet you coulda scattered $10K around that island and got yourself some rough justice, at least.

2. KG

KG Active Member

Maybe $10K could still buy them answers.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Great idea, Henry.
    Let's go get some vigilante justice and kill a few people who may or may not be guilty.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

When do we leave? I want to make arrangements for someone to feed my cat.

[​IMG]

5. If that had been my daughter, I never would have let her go to Aruba in the first place.

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

Just ask them if they would like to meet Luca Brasi. I have the newspaper to wrap the fish in.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

When did a trip to Padre or Daytona become sub-standard spring break/graduation trip options?

8. rallen13

rallen13 Member

In all seriousness, and with all due respect to a young lady who never had a chance with these three guys (if they are the ones responsible), why the Hell was she out tarting around, as everyone including her friends said she was, if she was such a precious. None of us here (hopefully) would want to do her permanent harm, but given how attractive she was, how many of us here would not have tried a little something with her like they admittedly did. I have to think a lot of men have taken advantage of a situation like that with someone who has had too much to drink (or whatever). She obviously knew how to drink (or whatever), how to make out, and apparently how to.......Where were the parents, chaperones, friends, at. al. when she needed them? And where was her common sense? And if she had no sense, why, like L_B said, why was she there at all. Somebody's failure to recognize her actions long before she took the trip indirectly set her up by letting her go.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Imitating something you saw on The Godfather is always a sound strategy.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This is a good point, probably a better point than the one I kicked this off with. My wife, who's more familiar with such things, says it's routine for parents hereabouts to sign off on such trips. Not at our house.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

that's pretty harsh, my good man. You could be describing the behavior of millions of teenage girls. Thankfully, they don't all end up murdered at the end of the evening.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Blame the victim! She got what she deserved! Her parents are at fault!

You disgust me.

Draft saved Draft deleted