1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nastia mania

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by txsportsscribe, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Elizabeth Beisel (15-year-old swimmer) said they send kids her age home after their competition ends. Given the dynamics of the Olympic Village (the aforementioned 10,000 condoms), that's probably a sound policy. Not sure if it's a USOC mandate, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn fuckin solid.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I don't get why they leave early either...you'd think being a part of the Closing Ceremonies would be something they'd want to do. Heck, it's not like they couldn't find something interesting to do while they're there if they need to kill some time.

4. jps

jps Active Member

fixed

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You know, I could almost picture her doing a floor routine to that song during this exhibition tour.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Actually, it was 100,000 condoms.

7. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Good catch ... and all the more reason to send the jailbait home.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd want to stay as well, check out some of the other events, but then you figure they've been in Asia since the start of the month (or earlier) to get acclimated.
    Agree on the "what now" syndrome. You spend your entire life working toward that moment, and then its over. Maybe you get some endorsements, maybe get to hang with Letterman or Leno, maybe check out one of the political conventions, but even if you're a gold medalist and your name isn't Michael Phelps, and your sport wasn't featured on the primetime broadcast, you'd better start applying for those reality shows if you want to remain relevant.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm guessing after Phelps set the Olympic record for most times asking Liukin if she can put her legs behind her head, she lost any remaining motivation to stick around.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually, he was busy elsewhere:

http://thebiglead.com/?p=7245

And apparently, everyone else is getting busy before the closing ceremonies:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/olympics/article4582421.ece

11. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Liukin is 18, she's fair game.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But Alicia Sacramone is hotter. And at 20, fair game.

Draft saved Draft deleted