1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Oct 10, 2012.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I am probably going to give it a chance now based off this alone. I'm so used to shows and movies that are clueless about the town that I swore off that stuff years ago.

One of my favorite games when CMT first started was playing "Where was that filmed?" Because invariable it was within a 60-mile radius of Opryland. Got damn good at it too.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As a local, you'll get a kick out of the name of the record label: Edgehill.

I have no doubt they'll be eating at the Pancake Pantry in an upcoming episode.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just watched it online. I had forgotten to put it on my DVR list, but recorded the final 11 minutes after seeing this thread and have it set for the rest of the year.

I really liked the premiere. As already mentioned, plenty of layers. I do dislike the patsy husband though.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Has no idea what you mean.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wow. You connected on that one. :D

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

DVR's it but haven't watched yet. But right here are four reasons to watch. Hummina! Connie Britton has been at the top of my short list since about 1996 when she started on Spin City.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

God dang ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bolton's chicken or GTFO.

And not sure that CookeVegas qualifies one for "local" status but I'll take it.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Never saw "Heroes" but Panettiere was great as Beth Cooper

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

The whole time I was watching it, I was almost convinced that they based Connie Britton's character off of Reba. Now I'm totally convinced.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty great first episode. Decided to give it a shot at the last minute. Glad I did. Season pass is set.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I think shows are getting better with this. Not to thread jack but Breaking Bad does a phenomenal job of working in real local places and brands. From Blake's Lotaburger when they eat fast food, to RAKS as the home improvement store where they get supplies. Even the Los Pollos Hermanos restaurant and car wash (although the names were changed) are legit places.

Draft saved Draft deleted