1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Nov 10, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A couple of months ago, the Food network had a feature on small out of the way BBQ places and one was in Nashville. Little hole in the wall in a neighborhood you wouldnt go to otherwise. Dont even thinkit had any indoor tables.... Ring a bell with anyone?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Vandyland is no more, Elliston Place still going strong. And for German food, Gerst Haus rocks (and is the only reason to cross the river, other than a Titans game.)

If you like bookstores and wind up at Green Hills Mall, Davis-Kidd is a fun way to kill an afternoon.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Hard to find a good German restaurant. I'll have to stop for lunch or dinner.

4. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

fat mo's burgers
    2620 Franklin Pike

i'm gonna catch the keys later in the tour.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Thanks Pallister. I'm headed to the Nashville environs at the end of the month. This thread is handy.

But before that, I get to go to EAST LANSING! Hell yes!

6. pallister

pallister Guest

What's the Mercy Lounge like? Anybody know? That's where Saturday's show is.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lucky guy...Once they closed Bilbo's Pizza, I stopped caring.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Fomer co-worker got a job with the paper there and a bunch of folks are gonna make a road trip to visit her in a couple of weeks...she was telling me this weekend "Nashville is a (Tyler Durden) kind of town."

9. The bus to Memphis.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Have you actually ever been to Nashville?

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'm not the biggest country fan in the world but I've been to Nashville twice and loved every minute of it. I strolled the Vandy campus - very cool - and spent way too much time in Tootsie's and Legends. The Ernest Tubb record store on Broadway is a good time waster too.

Draft saved Draft deleted