1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Nov 10, 2006.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Been there numerous times, but I stick to the basics downtown. I'll be there for much of the weekend. Anybody know of some places off the beaten path, or just lesser-known places in and around downtown, that would be worth checking out?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Opryland Hotel should have its Christmas stuff up if you don't mind seeing that stuff too early. ::) Family and friends loved the "Ice" exhibit there - I was underwhelmed.

3. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

The Ramada (I think) over behind the Titans' stadium has a pool shaped like a guitar.

I never get tired of walking around Vandy's campus in the fall. Makes me feel smart.

If you hurry, the Tower Record next to campus might still be having its huge closing sale.

4. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Douglas Corner. Bluebird. Tootsie's. Pancake Pantry.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Where's the campus?

6. dixiehack

Campus is off West End Avenue, a couple of miles from the hockey arena.

If you can't get Southern cooking where you live, fatten up at Sylvan Park and Belle Meade Cafeteria.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Market Street Brew Pub -- Cajun chicken fettucine
    Wildhorse -- just cause you should see it once...
    Whatever the hell the name of the steak place is on the corner a couple blocks from the GAC...

And dixie, the ice thing isn't bad, just not worth the hourlong wait...

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Demo's?

9. dixiehack

Are you thinking Demo's? Absolutely love that place, although I get pasta there instead of steak. My traditional pre-Preds meal. Speaking of which, the lads are home to Colorado Saturday night.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Was initially planning on seeing that game, but I'm opting for the Black Keys concert instead.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, Demos... thanks.
    Ate there for first time during NCAA hoops a couple of years ago.. pasta WAS great, but so were steaks... and I still ove the cajun chicken dish at Market St.

Am going to head up for the Preds in Feb for a Saturday night gig with the Wings. Parents are coming in for thanksgiving, so it nixes that weekend and the Leafs dont have a weekend game at the GAC...

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Big ups on Demo's!

I dunno if Vandyland's still open. If so, go there before it shuts down. I'd also recommend Elliston Square Soda Shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted