1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 25, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I considered the Predators. But the only game we'd have time to catch would be Columbus vs. Nashville. And unless tickets are $2, I'm not spending three hours in an arena to see those two teams play.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love Tootsie's even if you can't move in there.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Crossthread?

4. JackReacher

Yeah. My play is always to get to Tootsie's a little early, like my first or second stop. Get a good seat, have a beer or three, listen to some nobody sing Kenny Chesney songs, and bail when it gets packed.

I'm not even sure Tootsie's will even be on the itenerary this time. So many other good suggestions from you guys.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's 20 minutes from downtown but I think just to walk around it's worth a visit to The Gaylord Hotel. It's a mind boggling 9 acre indoor atrium complete with gardens, rivers and waterfalls. The restaurants are typical hotel expensive but there is a sports bar that's pretty cool if you want to grab a beer.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If they can't stop the bleeding on defense, the scalpels may hit your price point.

No idea if Vandy leaves Memorial Gym open for the offseason, but sneak in for a look if you can. It is an architectural wonder, as in you wonder if the architect was ever sober.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

When things are too crowded down on Lower Broadway, we sneak away to The Flying Saucer behind Union Station. And we rarely pass through town without eating on West End at The Tin Angel, one of the long-time independent restaurants in town.

8. JackReacher

Flying Saucer beer menu is loaded. Good call.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

It breaks my heart that they closed Mulligan's Pub. It was a great place for a bowl of beef stew and a pint of Guinness. The bar at Mulligan's was the site of the first draught Guinness poured in the state of Tennessee.

10. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Gabby's or Rotier's for burgers. Personally, I favor Rotier's, but I'm usually staying on that end of town.

Mafioza's on 12th South in Hillsboro area has outstanding pizza. A bit hard to find, but in a really happening area.

I like Robert's Western World on Broadway despite the number of tourists. Have a $1 PBR.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Rotier's is an excellent suggestion. My father-in-law was in the hospital on that end of town a couple of years ago and I got to introduce my wife and one of her brothers to the cheeseburger on french bread. Still as good as I remember from when I worked at The Tennessean.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The Stock-Yard Restaurant.

"One of the Top Ten Steakhouses in the United States."

http://stock-yardrestaurant.com/

Draft saved Draft deleted