1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 25, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Going to Nashville at the end of March for a few days. Mainly to catch up with a group of friends from Alabama, but also because Nashville has been awesome the couple times I've been.

Haven't been in about four years. When I did go, I spent most of my time on Broadway. Is that still the best spot, or is there an area I'm sleeping on?

What say you?

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Broadway and 2nd Ave is the best night life. Near the top end of 2nd hang a right, and just around the corner is a place called The Beer Cellar that's got more options than you can imagine.

3. JackReacher

Nice. I'm a little partial to the $6 pitchers at Paradise Park, but I might check the Beer Sellar out.

I was at the Coyote Ugly in Nashville once and one of the bartenders spilled some beer and told me to lick it up off the bar. I politely told her to go fuck herself.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Bluebird.

5. JackReacher

Shit. That's a real place? Nice.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought it was just a place they had on the TV show too. Didn't know it was a real joint.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

Yup. Just looked it up. They HIGHLY recommend reservations, which isn't surprising. Definitely going there.

http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The last few times I've gone to Nashville, I was determined to get around town. But I never got more than a few blocks from Broadway and the low numbers.

9. JackReacher

Same with me. Mainly because I've only been there for one night at a time. This will be a four-day, three-night venture, giving us ample time to check out some new places.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Have you been to a concert at the Ryman? If not, you guys should check it out. The venue is so cool it doesn't really matter who's playing.

11. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Holy shit, yes, it's a real place. Many an artist got their start there and writers frequent it.

And I second the Ryman. I'd watch a puppet show there.

http://www.bluebirdcafe.com/ has links to who's coming.

My favorite writer at Bluebird couple years ago:

Scotty Emerick, A Kind Word.

Other than that, I got a kick out of the little Parthenon. It's the Parthenon, smack in middle America. I still don't fully grasp why.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ha, great line.

Draft saved Draft deleted