1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville Predators beat writer -- The Tennessean

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boundforboston, Aug 8, 2018.

1. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

The Tennessean is searching for a NHL beat reporter.

The selected candidate will join an award-winning state-wide network which won 21 national Associated Press Sports Editors honors in the past year.

He/she will work in Nashville, one of the most vibrant and fastest growing cities in the country and home to the NFL, the NHL and the SEC. While the focus of the beat will be mainly the NHL Nashville Predators, the selected candidate could also write on other local, regional and statewide teams.

The Tennessean is the state’s largest newsroom and Tennessean.com has the most visitors, page views and engagement in the state.

This position demands daily trend reporting while also working on longer enterprise pieces. The selected candidate should know the NHL, have deep contacts and sources throughout the league.

It will require the successful candidate to:
    * Create smart, thoughtful and engaging sophisticated content in a variety of formats.
    * Provide leadership in developing audiences on Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social platforms.
    * Think outside of the box in this quickly changing media world, offering new ways to approach the routine story.
    * Ability to travel for road NHL games.
    * Be comfortable appearing on camera and in front of a crowd.

Valid Drivers License required for this position.

#Content

Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.

Job opportunity at Gannett | USA TODAY NETWORK - NHL Beat Reporter

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Where did Adam Vingan go?

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Haven't seen an announcement, but the Athletic doesn't have a Predators reporter yet. So there's a possibility.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am retired and I wouldn't go back if I could (nobody should even try to hire me, I am too old), but this job is a good one. NHL beats are great if you're not in Toronto.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Montreal, Vancouver are the same.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

This was correct. Another huge wave of hires this morning, including in Nashville. Adam to the Athletic.

7. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

There is a winner in this sweepstakes

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did he just call them a professional ice hockey team?

Draft saved Draft deleted