1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville musician Will Hoge badly injured in accident

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Don't know if any of you guys have ever seen or heard Will Hoge, but he's one of the most talented indie solo artists around. Out of the Otis Redding/Ray Lamontagna (sp?) mold - with a lot of guitar thrown in.

Anyway, guess he was in critical condition after his motorcycle got hit by a van. Apparently not life-threatening, but hopefully he'll recover fully and be able to perform again sooner rather than later.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080822/ENTERTAINMENT01/808220394/1005/ENTERTAINMENT

http://www.willhoge.com/

If you haven't heard his stuff, I highly recommend you make your way over to his MySpace page or iTunes.

This is no exaggeration - he's probably the best live performer I've ever seen.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be in Sports and News?

3. Yeah, I screwed it up.

I was looking for the music thread on this board, then when it wasn't stickied anymore, I just posted a thread and immediately went, "Oops!"

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Awful news about Will Hoge. Hope he recovers.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I was at a show in Chicago earlier ths year where he headlined, but I left after the opening act. I'll have to try and catch his act once he recovers.

6. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Saw him open for OAR in '01. Fantastic live. Love him. Get well soon.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of the greats. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

8. djc3317

djc3317 Guest

I saw him perform with about 50 other people at a small club in Columbus, Ga., about two years ago. He put on a fantastic show. In fact, I got a guy who was running the board to burn me a copy of the show. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery.

Draft saved Draft deleted