1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashville help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PaperDoll, Jul 15, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Tootsie's is a crowded mess. Way overrated. The place with the $1 PBRs is not Tootsie's, it's next door; name escapes me. The boot store is Robert's Western Wear, and they have a great bar cheeseburger.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hickory Hollow area is also afford able -- or was

and thanks Dixie.. Demos is indeed awesome.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I'll third Demo's.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I heart Demos
    There was a hotel, near the airport, and on the other side of Briley Parkway. Hotel Preston, you can book it through Hotwire and get rooms cheap there. It is the 3.5/4 star hotel near the airport, since Hotwire doesn't tell you the names until after you book.
    Best deal of any place in Nashville.
    Go to the Pancake Pantry for breakfast.

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Hit the Brewhouse on Market Street. Also visit the Red Door. There's apparently ghosts under the bar, which you can view through a tiny hole in the floor. Place is decked out in Cubs gear, though. Weird. Good bar nontheless. Baja Burrito has the best burritos in town.

And, of course, there's a Coyote Ugly in town. Good times.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I had a great room at the Millennium Maxwell House last fall, but you likely don't want to pay their rates.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd stay in the West End/Vandy area. Nice places there.

8. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Agreed, bubbler. that's the place to be.

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I would definitely hit the Bluebird in addition to the Ryman, Tootsie's and Robert's. Try the Pancake Pantry on a Sunday morning for country music celeb gazing.

Union Station (the city's former train depot) ain't cheap, but it is a very historic and perfectly located hotel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_Station_(Nashville)

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll chime in on Robert's (you gotta love a western wear store in a bar. Or is it the other way around. Plus live music.) Head across the street to Ernest Tubb's record store and browse, and check to see if the Yazoo Brewing Co. tasting room is open. Bosco's is okay for beer as well.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can't remember its name, but there's a BBQ place Nashvillians supposedly swear by just north of downtown up I-65.

Avoid it.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

PM HH. He's from there, and gave me some excellent advice.

Oh, and the "famous" barbecue joint in downtown, I didn't have a good experience. Average, if that.

Draft saved Draft deleted