1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nashua (NH) Telegraph facing possible newsroom layoffs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by RedSmithClone, Dec 18, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Thank you.

It's not like I'm squawking about a fresh, well-run product industry, HH. Cripes. How does your blood not boil when you read Red's initial post? I mean, I know you love big business and the people running it, but for the love of God, c'mon.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Maybe not spend so much money on management bonuses and actually put the money into resources such as reporting and editing to give the readers a halfway-decent product?

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I might be able to recognize that if the options are (a) spending 50 cents to make a dollar or (b) spending a dollar to make $3, that the higher outlay makes more sense, even if it does, in fact, require a higher initial outlay.

But I mean, I don't have a business degree or anything. Just a little common sense.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I have this gut feeling that HejiraHenry would actually be able to run a successful newspaper.

Draft saved Draft deleted