1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NASCAR is racist?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not to mention that spectators are still allowed to display the Confederate flag at races. A symbol that just screams minorities welcome.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wouldn't Juan-Pablo Montoya count, or are we talking solely U.S. drivers?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Foreigners don't count, particularly any guy with a hyphenated FIRST name.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's not illegal, last time I checked. But it's not like there's one on every other Winnebago and pickup truck in the infield.

And apparently you haven't attended a lot of college football games in the south.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Your jury pool in the Southern District of NY isn't as pro-employee as you might think.

I know her lawyer and have been across the table from him many times. He likes his publicity and maybe isn't always as picky in choosing his cases as he should be, but he's generally pretty good at what he does.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It sounds like this case is rich in documented, substantiated allegations, so I would think a good lawyer would want to be all over it.

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

No, JPM and Franchitti, etc., do not count. I speak of American minorities here. And there had been black drivers in the past, also also women (Janet Guthrie finished in the top 10 a few times, I believe), but none today. And nothing on the ownership or crew chief side.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You may argue if she's a "lady" but I'm pretty sure Teresa Earnhardt is a female.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What happened to the black guy who drove in trucks?

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

He loaded a bunch of flat screens into the bed, drove off, and we never saw him again. /nascaremployee

11. lono

lono Active Member

Racing in the Grand Am series.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bill Lester is running full-time in the Grand Am Rolex Sports Car Series for Southard Motorsports (no sponsor) in the prototype class. Makes sense, since he came to NASCAR from sports cars and is a racing-school instructor at Infineon for Jim Russell when he's not racing.

Draft saved Draft deleted