1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Narron fired in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sam Mills 51, Jul 1, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

That is one reason Marty is so well respected in Cincy.
    You are lazy and don't give 110%, you are going to incur his wrath on the air.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely. He's been busy this season. One game I listened to had Thom in the booth too, and they were all over Kyle Lohse while he was serving up batting practice. It was great radio.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I'm glad you brought Thom up, Play.
    I know a lot of announcers are negative for the sake of being negative to try to prove they aren't homers. In Pittsburgh and Cincy in particular, they don't have that problem. They raise legitimate points and they back up their arguments with facts. Also, they don't play club cheerleader just because they are in the payroll.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The radio crew is the only redeeming thing about this season for us Reds fanboys. I thought highly of Thom coming back to Cinci to work with his Dad and they've been great, and Jeff Brantley is growing on me.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Marty Brennaman is without a doubt the baseball broadcaster who acts most like a columnist. He may be off on some of his opinions, but he rarely backs away from them.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Marty Brennaman is really the only reason I have any interest in the Reds. He is fantastic and compels you to listen to shitty baseball. If the Brewers aren't on my XM, he is my first default.

Cool guy too. Still the only HOFer to send me an e-mail praising me for a column. I'm not holding my breath for the next one.

Draft saved Draft deleted