1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Narron fired in Cincinnati

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sam Mills 51, Jul 1, 2007.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

he would be a free agent after this season if traded. not if he stays

and hack, he bats lefty, he's not a lefty

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Hack... thanks for the edit.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Who is Adam Dunn partying with these days now that his boy Austin Kearns is gone?

I've interviewed him (it was a while ago now) and he never struck me as the brightest bulb. He also strikes me as a "this is what I am, take it or leave it" kind of guy who is not going to make any effort to broaden his game. His judgement in the field just blows too.

Once he leaves the Reds, he'll go into Royce Clayton/Juan Beniquez/Reggie Sanders career mode and play for half the teams (probably all AL) in the league, all of whom need to rent a power bat.

All that said, he's hit an ungodly amount of HRs with me in attendance.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Crap. The upcoming Reds fire sale is going to dilute the market for the upcoming Rangers fire sale.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Who will get the boot from the Rangers, all this talk in the past off-seasons and trade deadlines always has Teixeira and Blalock involved.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm not a guy who is big on RBI (as it can pertain to where you hit in the order - don't forget, Dunn batted second 31 times in 2006 - and people getting on base in front of you).

That being said, he has 126 ABs with runners on base this season and has 42 RBI. This is a bad thing? (Ditto for his runners on and RSIP in 2006). He was decent in 2005 and 2004 as well.

And he actually doesn't turn 28 until November.

p.s. The Reds should have moved him to first base.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only untouchable position player is Young. Of the pitchers, I'd say they'd like to hold onto McCarthy, Loe and Otsuka.

Of course, at this point Jonny Boy is probably gun-shy about trading, the way he got ass-reamed in the Chris Young, Travis Hafner, Alfonso Soriano deals et al. The only deal that can be considered a push is Danks for McCarthy. He hit on some free-agent fliers (Lofton, Sosa, Gagne), but I doubt he'll be able to cash in.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I could find 2005 stats late last night, but I don't think they were much (if any) better than 2006.

His batting with runners on base isn't what concerns me. It's how his stats plummet dramatically when there's a runner on second or third. It used to be that you could argue that pitchers would just try to pitch around him, but now that's really not the case.

Adam Dunn is a more fearful hitter when there are no runners on and in low-pressure situations. That, to me, isn't worth eight figures.

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Freelance, Burrell for Dunn? Whatya think?

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Pete was the Pirates interim manager in 2005 after Lloyd McClendon was fired, I think it was for 26 games and he didn't do too bad of a job.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Paging Dave Burba... Dave Burba, white courtesy phone...

12. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Dunn has worn out his welcome in Cincinnati because he's a massively lazy fuck with a nonchalant attitude that's infecting the whole team.

He almost collides with Encarnacion on a pop fly in foul territory against the Phils. Naturally, they fuck up the play and Dunn is just out there with this stupid grin on his face. The Phillies go on to win the game.

Against the Indians, Dunn plays a ball off the wall when Casey Blake singles to left. Blake starts to hold up until he realizes Dunn is half-assing it so he takes second standing. There's Dunn, with a big ol' grin on his face. Meanwhile, Marty Brenneman is on the radio having a coronary.

The only time he's cared about anything is when Dave Miley made him take his recliner out of the locker room. Seriously, that's the only time in all his years in Cincinnati he's showed any passion. He would regularly go to Hal McCoy and bitch about Miley taking his recliner away. Finishing 20 games under .500? Who gives a shit about that, not when you don't have your recliner.

He still chases the same damn pitches, makes the same damn mistakes and has the same damn attitude since his rookie year. He's a rich, spoiled, overrated athlete.

Draft saved Draft deleted