1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nappy headed Mormons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 10, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ides,

I'm of the live and let live philosophy on different religions, I just have heard the word cult from the pulpit, as a matter of fact.

Mazel tov.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Reverand Al Sharpton was speaking on serious topics at a public forum at a public library. He received millions of dollars in contributions and hundred thousand primary votes because he is a poltical leader. His lies, slanders and propensity to yell rape and racism is well documented, but rarely publicaly acknowledged. Imus' true fault was in not being funny and being a politically correct target. Russert, The Times ediitorial Board, Newsweek and PBS News won't mention Sharpton's bigotry in this instance. Why? Maybe because unless you speak like Condy, Colin or Osama, a black man can't be taken seriously for his utterenaces.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I wasn't the one who made the claim he was jobless. Quit trying to spin this into an item of racial hatred, pud. You're A-Rod in the postseason. Swinging, missing....

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think he's taken quite seriously in the Imus situation.

He looked like a buffoon in the Duke rape case. "Batting .500.....500....in the three hole...three hole...Al....Al....Sharpton....Sharpton....

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

ahem.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Got something to say Ace? I ain't following your throat spasm....:)

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'll let your words speak for themselves.

8. heyabbott

"If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house" Sharpton said in 1991

, “White folks was in caves while we was building empires ... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it.” another charming comment to a college audience in 1994 by the Minister Sharpton.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And the liberals cried, "Wait! Words don't really mean anything for us. It's for Republicans!"

10. heyabbott

No it applies to Republicans and Democrats, Conservatives and Liberals, as long as they aren't black. You can't take black folks seriously for the things they say. They've been oppressed too long and under educated. Forgive them for they know not what they say

11. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

I'm a Mormon, and while I was offended by Sharpton's remark, I was nowhere near as appalled by it as I was by Imus.

Trust me, I've heard far worse slurs about my religion and my ancestors. I have, after all, been a Mormon my entire life.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And there are a lot of people who think all Jews are evil and responsible for the death of Christ. I think we've gotten past the one about us hiding our horns under the yamulkas, though, so I guess that is progress.

Draft saved Draft deleted