1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nappy headed Mormons?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, May 10, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

is this a db situation

"As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation,'' Sharpton said during a debate with Hitchens at the New York Public Library.

I guess he'll get a pass cause he's got no job to fired from, no church from which he can be removed, no intellgence to criticize and he only ridiculed a white christian.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

He's an idiot for his statement, even if he can't be fired.

That good enough for ya?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

not good enough. he needs to et the fullImus treatment: Nightline, Today Show, Newsweek, 24/7 for 10 days.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somehow methinks Sharpton won't be carrying Utah.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Somehow methinks most everyone knows Sharpton is a jerk and has no real importance.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

'yab --

That's certainly a stupid statement, but I also don't see a slur there, either.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Beyond Sharpton, I think that a lot of protestants would probably say that Mormons don't believe in their God, at least not in the right way.

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

That's the difference between all religions, honestly. They believe in God in different ways. And if this is bigotry -- which I don't believe it is on the grand scale -- it happens all over the place among all religions. I'm used to it, have experienced it, seen it happen on my side of the fence locally and on the other side of the fence locally. I'm not worried about on a personal level.

Methinks the problem (if there is one) is that Sharpton seems to be saying there should be a religion disqualifier for this particular political office. I wonder if he wants Harry Reid voted out of office, too.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, if he is saying he won't get elected because he's Mormon, he may or may not be right. They said the same thing about JFK being Catholic.

I don't think what Sharpton said was all that outrageous. Like most things, it's how he said it.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If The Most Reverend Sharpton has no job to be fired from, is he drawing welfare or is Jesse taking from his offering plate to help the guy?

I'd like to see what his 1040 looks like. I bet scandal screams from the form.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Scandal Screams would be a good name for a band.

Draft saved Draft deleted