1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nantz Me, Baby, Nantz Me

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Clearly Nantz has become too self-aware, and it’s hurting the game !!!

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Hearing Nantz actually say that in my mind cracks me up.

Batman likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

On a separate note, the 2019 Raftery and any time Grant Hill are fucking terrible. Raftery is a cliche machine, and I don't know what the hell Grant Hill is.

I counted those two saying 'tough shot' after a TT shot four times and I didn't even start counting til halfway through the game.

Nantz must be having flashbacks to carrying Phil Simms on his back for all those years.

4. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Raftery and "Send It In Jerome" should have been a drinking game

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The other night when Virginia was ahead of Auburn by a whopping 6 points with like 7 minutes left, Hill said Virginia had the game in control as they went to commercial break. He's a terrible announcer.

Raftery, like Chris Berman, has just overstayed his welcome. I don't need to hear the same damn schtick for 30-odd years. It's tiresome.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure "man to man" was really cute and unique 30 years ago or whenever he blurted it out, but it's his personal "back, back, back" at this point. He also says it so quickly you don't know what he's saying.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

With all of the shots made last night late, not one "ONIONS".

I haz a sad.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Why did Raftery keep shouting "DAGGER" every time someone made a basket?

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

DA0479C2-1B83-4222-8ABB-29B90F7E1847.jpeg

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

HOOS YOUR DADDY!

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Grant Hill is a likeable, non-threatening fellow. I respect him but he adds nothing.

Raftery? Used to be fun at the Carrier Dome in '84, now? Not so much.

Wouldn't Charles be a fun color guy? He'd be like Madden in his heyday, right?

I really like McHale, he has sharp no nonsense comments. Couldn't they find someone like him?

I know I'm in the very small minority but I'd love Walton!

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Virginia wins the national title ...

"This is the biggest day in Charlottesville since Sept. 14, 1982, when the Grateful Dead played a concert on campus. Jerry and the boys opened with Jack Straw and blazed through some classics like C.C. Rider and El Paso."

"Bill, what do you think about the performance by ..."

"The second set opener was China Cat Sunflower which flowed into I Know You Rider. Iko Iko jammed into a crispy version of Truckin'. They closed the concert with an incendiary Johnny B. Goode."

Draft saved Draft deleted