1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nancy Grace is pregnant (with twins!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jun 26, 2007.

1. I sincerely hope that neither of the twins ever vaguely resembles a police sketch of a murder suspect in some jurisdiction overseen by a DA like Nancy Grace.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I heard one of the twins is already missing

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

found it....

Every crime-fighting superhero has a creation story. Nancy Grace, the prosecutor turned breakout star at CNN Headline News, has a particularly moving one. As she tells it, in the summer of 1980, she was a 19-year-old college student in small-town Georgia, engaged to Keith Griffin, a star third baseman for the Valdosta State University Blazers. The wedding was a few months away.

Then, one August morning, a stranger—a 24-year-old thug with a history of being on the wrong side of the law—accosted Griffin outside a convenience store. He shot him five times in the head and back, stole $35 from his wallet, and left him dead.

Police soon tracked down the killer, and a new phase of suffering began for Ms. Grace. The suspect brazenly denied any involvement. At trial, Ms. Grace testified, then waited as jury deliberations dragged on for three days. The district attorney asked her if she wanted the death penalty, and in a moment of youthful weakness, she said no. The verdict came back guilty—life in prison—and a string of appeals ensued.

For Nancy Grace, the ordeal she describes felt nothing like justice. And so the Shakespeare-loving teen set out to change the justice system: first as a bulldog prosecutor, then as a Court TV and CNN anchor, crusader for victims’ rights and professional vilifier of the criminal-defense industry.

Her message, delivered with a crackling blend of folksiness and wrath, has made her a hit on two cable networks. Defense attorneys are pigs—morally comparable, she said in a Feb. 20 interview with USA Today, to “guards at Auschwitz.” Her latest show, Nancy Grace, celebrated its first anniversary on CNN’s Headline News Network that week; in one year, its viewership has tripled, to 606,000 a night.

Because of what happened in Georgia, Ms. Grace has said over and over, she knows firsthand how the system favors hardened criminals over victims. It is the foundation of her judicial philosophy, her motivation in life, her casus belli.

And much of it isn’t true.

http://www.observer.com/node/51941

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Wow! Thanks.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wow man you are on some kind of roll today.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It was pretty good! Nice job, MM

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

someone left the NSFW off the thread title ...

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Gross.

Someone should just start a countdown to one or both of the kids' rehab stints.

9. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

As we can see, She did seek other employment...And I think viewers of CNN Headline News in the early evening have been considering themselves sorry about it ever since.

10. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

12. I'm going to hell for admitting this, but I haven't belly laughed like this in a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted