1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nancy Grace is pregnant (with twins!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I met her about 2 years ago. FWIW, she was very nice, extremely gracious and very soft-spoken. She's very small -- probably only 5'1" or so and looks great for her age.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'd hit it. She might have to stay silent the whole time, but I'd hit it.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Is that an ad hominem, Fenian, or can you prove cases where she egregiously stepped over the line like Nifong did?

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll quit to raise her twins. Innocent defendants nationwide will rejoice.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

She had a couple convictions overturned for prosecutorial misconduct. I don't know if she's Nifong level, but she did withhold evidence from defendants.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think they should have a new Olympic Sport: screeching.

Ms. Grace & Rachel Ray would undoubtedly go Gold/Silver.

7. How do you get a Mike Nifong?
    You have prosecutors who do this, and have appeals courts that back them up.
    http://www.talkleft.com/story/2005/05/04/625/41523

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Which I would argue that, sadly, most DAs have pulled off at some point.

Not saying she's perfect. I'm not even the biggest fan of hers. All I'm saying is you can't tell me how badly she may have been scarred by past events -- which do NOT excuse her actions, but they do shed some light into how she became so conviction-driven.

9. It's also the reason why you shouldn't give grief-maddened people their own television shows.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't doubt that she was terribly scarred, but being conviction-driven too often results in laws being broken and the innocent being put on trial or convicted (not saying that any of her cases involved innocent folks. I don't know that), and that is something that is not acceptable.

If you can't do your job correctly and within the law, maybe it's time to seek other employment, which she did do.

I do wish she'd quit obsessing on the pretty white girls too.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Nifongish seems apt.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somewhere around here, there's a link to a story that reveals her version of history is a wee bit detached from what actually happens

Draft saved Draft deleted