1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Naming Your Own Movie Studio/Production Company

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kokane_muthashed, Feb 18, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My friend started a fantasy league over at fantasymoguls.com. Basically you "draft" movies coming out and which ever studios movies do the best wins the league. Anyway, you come up with a studio name as you team name. I came up with Filming In The Name Of ...

So, if you could start your own studio/producton company, what would you call it?

I know there's some cool real production companies out there.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Boys in eyeliner productions

3. ATM Films.

4. You should also describe what artwork you would use to illustrate it ... like the great Sit, Ubu, sit ...

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Necessity Is a Mother Productions.

6. kokane_muthashed

Indeed a great one. I always remember Stephen Cannell typing at the end of his show and ripping the paper out of the typewriter.
    The one I think of now if "My Name Is Earl" with a different person in a mexican hat at the end of each show. Also Abrams "Bad Robot".

7. I laughed my ass off at the episode of "The Office" where Steve Carrell's character, Michael Scott, made a film of his staff that included a "Great Scott" productions tag at the end ... you hear his voice in an English accent ... "Great Scott!"

8. Holy Crap, Ellis ... I was thinking more about a description ... nice work ...

9. kokane_muthashed

That's some quick fuckin' work, Ellis. You should go work for BYH's "8 Second Films."

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

LOL.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ellis...please, o pleeease illustrate "8 Second Films."

Imaginary Lover Productions[/boots]

Draft saved Draft deleted