1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Names of your pets

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Platyrhynchos, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Cats: Luna Annabella, Tiger Amelia, Jedi Anakin and Genghis Attilla.

Luna and Tigger are sisters, born on July 20 (hence the Luna name). Jedi was named by my son during his Star Wars phase. Genghis came along after my son's cat Caesar Augustus died; he wanted a cat named after a warrior.

Every cat we've had has a middle name starting with 'A': my wife adopted Simpkin Aloutious when she was in graduate school, we found Gretzky Alexander (so named because he had a cloth 'puck' he used to bat around) and my wife gave me Lemieux Antoine as a Hanukkah present one year when we were in New Mexico.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

:mad:

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Don't worry. Stan's operatives are making plans.

[​IMG]

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

My idea, and thank you! I wanted to name the other one Furharri to keep a theme going, but my wife vetoed it.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

lady natasha von rottweil

6. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

Speaking of pets, we have this heeler. Heeler owners know that these are the breeds of dogs that have the equivalent of ADHD. They bore easily. Leave them at home with nobody to wrestle with, they destroy couches or mattresses....you want to invest in chew toys, they'll let you. But they're smart as hell. They'll shake hands with little training, they are the frisbee-catching breed and this one will even try to catch a ball with his front paws. Looks through you to your soul. Friendly as all get out but won't stay in the yard when let out. Finally, yesterday, at only 9 months of age, he was taken to the slammer by a smartass son of a bitch neighbor whose kids are the neighborhood thugs. He tried to run a lady off the road up the street and has done time, but facts are facts. This dog was out and the pound gets those dogs. Next time I have to pay $300 to get him. It's $5 for first-time offenders... He's a lovable little shit but it's truly a love-hate relationship.

Anyone had a heeler experience? Or a dog who freaked when you left him at home?

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Dogs: Maynard, O'Fallon, Tux (black lab with big, white splotch on his chest)

Cats: Cocoa, Bones (as in, 'Dammit, Jim! I'm a cat, not a doctor!'), Spice

8. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

Had around six altogether, I think it was, growing up. They are probably among the smartest dogs that ever lived, very close to a border collie, which is also ADHD to the max.

We had both of those breeds, along with Australian Shepards, too, but were not crazy enough to keep any of them in the house. Unless you've got like 4,000 sq. feet, they're not house dogs. I just don't think they can be happy unless they're on 40-50 acres with cows to work.

Word of warning: They're smart, but when they want to do something, they're going to do it no matter what you want or how loudly you yell to stop.

9. Fourth and 8

Fourth and 8 Member

Oh and when he went to the pound he was wearing a shirt that said "I'm probably not listening to you."

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Childhood dog: Cocoa
    Latest dog, who died a couple years ago: Christie
    Hampsters: Devil and Speedy

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dogs: Angel (my dad's idea. not sure why), Boss (HUGE red Doberman Pinscher. Towered over his brothers and sisters from the same litter) and Farah (as in Fawcett. My older brother had the famous poster on his wall).

Cats: Scoobie (female) and Buca (as in the alcoholic beverage, but it could have been for his big mouth. Little attention-whore never shut up. Very much my wife's cat).

Draft saved Draft deleted