1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name your 2007 NFL playoff teams

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jul 15, 2006.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

AFC
    East: Miami (Man, it hurts to type that as a Bills fan)
    North: Cincinnati
    South: Indianapolis
    West: Kansas City
    Wild cards: Denver and Pittsburgh

NFC
    East: Giants
    North: Chicago
    South: Carolina
    West: Seattle
    Wild cards: Arizona and Atlanta

Wild card round: Cincinatti over Denver, KC over Pittsburgh; Giants over Atlanta, Carolina over Arizona

Divisional playoffs: Indianapolis over KC, Cincinnati over Miami; Seattle over Giants, Carolina over Chicago

Championship games: Cincinnati over Indy; Carolina over Seattle

Super Bowl: Carolina over Cincy.
    (But man my heart wanted me to put Carolina and KC here so we could have two players from the great town of Lawton, Oklahoma -- Will Shields and Mike Minter -- playing each other.)

I'm probably wrong on just about everything, though. I suck at predictions. But at least I didn't put the Bills winning it all.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I believe the Titans made the playoffs in 2000 after losing in the Super Bowl the previous year.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That is correct, but they lost in the divisional playoffs to the Baltimore Ravens. So ...

... who is the last Super Bowl loser to WIN a playoff game the following season?

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I know the Pack lost to the 49ers after the 1998 season, but I honestly cannot remember who the wild-card teams were that year. The game was in SF, though, and the Vikings won the NFC Central that year.

So I'll say the Pack after the 1998 season.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

During football season, I wake up every Sunday bummed out. I don't have a football team anymore.

I lost interest in the St. Louis Rams. I'm from L.A., not St. Louis. I grew up loving the Rams, regardless if they sucked. Yes, they made it to the Super Bowl when I was 8. Yes, we had Dickerson for a few unforgettable years: 248 against the Pokes in the playoffs! Yes, we had a 3-13 season the year they abandoned us fans. Fuck Georgia Frontiere. I suppose the cool thing about that 3-13 season is that one of those wins was against the Pokes, in Big D, the year they won the Super Bowl.

The NFL isn't really the same for me. My love affair with it is over. Oh, I still watch the games, but it's just not the same. I miss the L.A. Rams. At least the Clevelanders like IJAG got another Cleveland Browns team to rekindle their love affair. Me? Sundays from September to January just ain't the same.

As for my pick ... if Suggs can stay healthy, man, he's fun to watch.

6. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The Pack did lose their first playoff game that season ... the Patriots of 1997 were the last to win a playoff game after losing a Super Bowl.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Pack shouldn't have lost that game ... FU Jerry Rice and the BS no-fumble call.  ... Oh and FU too, T.O.

That play still pisses me off ... even more than 4th and 26.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

While I am perhaps the biggest Bengal homer on this exit ramp of the Information Superhighway, I have to temper my expectations for them this year.

I think Palmer will be OK, even if he misses a game or two early. What concerns me more is losing Odell Thurman for a quarter of the season because he (apparently) missed a drug test.

That and the Bengals schedule promises to be one of the league's most difficult this season. Nice thing is, since skeds are almost identical, the other AFC North teams will have the same problem.

Between Cincy and Pitt, the only different games are New England and Indy (for Cincy) and Miami and Jacksonviille (for Pitt). Those two nearly even out, though Cincy's games are slightly tougher.

What concerns me more is if Steve McNair is healthy. He may have one really good season left.

Here are my picks:

AFC (*-indicates Home-field advantage; ^-indicates first-round bye)
    Denver*
    Indianapolis^
    New England
    Baltimore
    Jacksonville
    Miami

NFC
    Seattle*
    Carolina^
    NY Giants
    Green Bay
    Arizona
    Dallas

9. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

AFC
    North: Cleveland
    South: Jacksonville
    East: New England
    West: Denver
    Wild Cards: Kansas City, Cincinnati

NFC
    North: Minnesota
    South: Carolina
    East: Washington
    West: Arizona
    Wild Cards: Cowboys, Falcons

God, football season can't come soon enough!

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did you actually see the Steelers play other than in the Super Bowl last year? Roethisberger may have been lousy in the Super Bowl, but otherwise he was the best player on that offense when he was healthy. That's why his injuries are such a concern. If he's not 100 percent, they're screwed.

I realize that Bettis's role last year was over-rated, but they really need a back to compliment Parker and I have very little faith in Staley or Haynes. Haynes is best in small, 3rd-down-back doses and Staley can't stay healthy.

Wide receiver is a big concern. Wilson was great in the playoffs, but often invisible in the regular season. You can't count on rookies and Washington hasn't exactly done much yet. There is nobody in that group that is going to force opponents to pull their double-teams off Ward.

That said, I still don't see what has Browns fans thinking they can win that division.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I DO!! I DO!! 8)

Ten years without a team in L.A., and the NFL is still going strong.

Enough said.  :D

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

There's a few people here giving the Chiefs some love, but not a lot.

The Raiders!? The only battle they'll be in is for the No. 1 draft pick.

Draft saved Draft deleted