1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name your 2007 NFL playoff teams

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jul 15, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

NFC: Washington, Chicago, Carolina, St. Louis
    WC: Dallas, Minnesota

AFC: New England, Cincy, Indy, Kansas City
    WC: Denver, Cleveland

Super Bowl XI

Dallas 27, Indianapolis 23

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

NFC Championship: Carolina defeats Washington

AFC Championship: Indianapolis defeats New England

Super Bowl: Carolina defeats Indianapolis

3. QB

QB Member

Dallas over Indianapolis.

4. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Fool-vulnerable predictions

NFC
    Wild card: Tampa Bay over Dallas, NY Giants over Minnesota
    Divisional: Seattle over NY Giants, Tampa Bay over Carolina
    Champ: Tampa Bay over Seattle

AFC
    Wild card: Miami over Cincinnati, Denver over Pittsburgh
    Divisional: Indianapolis over Miami, New England over Denver
    Champ: Indy over New England

Super Bowl: Indy over Tampa Bay

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Lots of love for the Browns in this thread. Which is pretty damn funny ;D

I know they made some moves and the Super Bowl champion Steelers (had to get that in there) seem like they'll take a step backwards, but Cleveland is still home to the worst team in that division.

Hope I'm wrong about the Steelers, but with Santonio Holmes looking like he's more likely to spend time in police lineups than the starting one, the loss of Jerome Bettis with no real replacement in place and Ben Roethlisberger's injuries, falling back to 8-8 or worse wouldn't shock me.

6. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

This is the kind of thinking that's responsible for the 10-1 odds on the Steelers (higher in some places). Roethlisberger won't be playing with a broken thumb and the offensive line will have far better depth this year. Even if S. Holmes does go to jail for disorderly conduct and a torn blouse (which of course he won't) there are three other replacements for Randle El (Cedrick Wilson, 3rd-rounder Willie Reid and 2nd-year sleeper Nate Washington) and Bettis was not the catalyst the national media thought he was the last few seasons -- spare me the short-yardage stats. The only loss on the young defense was the overrated Chris Hope at FS, so grab the long odds because this pony has the right pedigree and dosage index.

AFC -- Pittsburgh, New England, Jacksonville, San Diego (Kansas City, Denver wild cards).

NFC -- Dallas, Arizona, Chicago, Carolina (Atlanta, NYG wild cards).

No Indy, Cincy or Seattle.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, I don't see the Steelers dropping off much, somewhere in the 9-11 win range.

Roethlisberger (boy, it's refreshing not to hear "Big Ben" on this site) seems like a pretty resilient guy. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Hawaii.

The running game I'm not so sure of.  Parker, aside from the SB touchdown, was non-existent in the playoffs. He's not a feature back. Staley SHOULD be an unpgrade from a declining Bettis, but who believes he'll stay healthy? Verron Haynes isn't a bad third option, though.

I like what they've done defensively. Clark was a nice pickup, and significantly cheaper than Hope. Keisel had a huge postseason, and could be a sleeper.

8. My playoff picks:

AFC East: New England
    AFC North: Pittsburgh
    AFC South: Indianapolis
    AFC West: Kansas City
    Wild Cards: Cincinnati and Denver

NFC East: Dallas
    NFC North: Detroit
    NFC South: Carolina
    NFC West: Seattle
    Wild Cards: Washington and Philadelphia

AFC Title: Indy over Kansas City
    NFC Title: Dallas over Seattle

As much as it kills this Eagles fan to admit it, the Dallas Cowboys will beat the Indianapolis Colts, 28-23 in Miami.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think Randle-El is a huge loss, and we'll see if the team can keep covering up for a truly mediocre quarterback.

10. danny_whitten

danny_whitten Member

Good one! After watching Novak lie his way through Meet the Press, I needed a laugh.

11. urgrad04

urgrad04 Member

NFC
    Divison Winners: Giants, Lions, Saints, Cardinals
    Wild Cards: Cowboys, Redskins

AFC
    Division Winners: Patriots, Colts, Bengals, Chiefs
    Wild Cards: Dolphins, Ravens

Wild Card:
    Redskins over Cardinals, Cowboys over Lions
    Chiefs over Ravens, Patriots over Dolphins

Divisional Playoffs
    Giants over Redskins, Cowboys over Saints
    Colts over Patriots, Bengals over Chiefs

Championship Weekend
    Giants over Cowboys
    Colts over Bengals

Super Bowl
    Giants over Colts

Trivia Question: Who was the last superbowl loser to make the playoffs the following season?

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Why all the love for the Dallas Cowboys? I'm not a big fan, so I haven't really been following them. Beside T.O. and Vanderjagt, what did they do in the offseason that makes everybody think they're going to the playoffs (and some predicting Super Bowl)?

Just curious. I'll hang up and listen now.

Draft saved Draft deleted