1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name the at-large teams

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There's no sense in listing all 34 because we all know there are about 24 (depending on who wins their conference tourneys) that have already sewn up bids. So that would leave us with about 10 bids that remain up in the air.

Your job -- if you wish to accept it -- is to list the final 10 at-large bids, i.e. those teams that will likely be seeded between 10 and 13.

2. Syracuse
    Old Dominion
    Missouri State
    Illinois
    Georgia Tech
    Drexel
    West Virginia (if it gets one more win)
    Purdue
    Texas Tech
    Stanford

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

West Virginia and who the fuck cares about anyone else.

4. That's by-God fuckin' right!

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Stanford could make some noise in the tournament. As Gottlieb said tonight, WVU is in when they actually beat someone, besides UCLA without Collison.

6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Glad you and your buddy Gottleib are doing the deciding. I'll keep my hand on my wallet and check my credit cards in the meantime.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, they may get in and then me and my buddy Gottleib will be wrong, but I look forward to watching another overrated east coast team lose early.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ditto.

9. Yeah, because WVU has done so poorly in the tournament the last three years. ::)

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, and WVU has all of those players back. ::)

11. That's not the fucking point. Beilein will have them ready if they make it, and they'll likely win at least one game.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How is that not the point? If you are going to bring up the fact that they did good the last three years in the tournament, then I am allowed to point out that they don't have the same players so they are not as likely to do good this year.
    That would be like a West Coast homer saying, "Shit, Gonzaga has done good the last 7 years in the Dance, so despite the fact that they are nowhere near as good as recently, I bet they do well this year."

Draft saved Draft deleted