1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name every QB to win a Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Jan 30, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Losing SB QBs would be a better quiz.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same. Up until about Super Bowl 30, I was decent at Super Bowl trivia. Now, I don't even try.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Got 'em all, also in under two minutes.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I got 28. I missed the Cowboys quarterback in the 1970s, which I admit is totally unacceptable.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

4:53 left. A better quiz would be to name the losing QBs in every Super Bowl.

I'm going to try without looking ...

Dawson, Lamonica, Morrall, Kapp, Staubach/Morton?, Griese, Kilmer, Tarkenton, Tarkenton, Staubach, Tarkenton, Morton, Staubach, Ferragamo, Jaworski, Woodley, Theismann, Marino, Eason/Grogan? (not sure who started), Elway, Elway, Esiason, Elway, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Humphries, Bledsoe, Favre, Chandler, McNair, (drawing blank on Giants QB vs. Ravens), Warner, Gannon, Delhomme, McNabb, Hasselbeck, Grossman!, Brady, Warner, Manning, Roethlisberger.

Edit: Aw crap. Kerry Collins for the Giants. Morton started for Dallas in Super Bowl V. Eason started Super Bowl XX, but was quickly replaced by Grogan after Eason completed none of his six passes.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Was the Giants QB there Hostetler?

7. Bubbler

Kerry Collins. Collins vs. Dilfer. The short bus of Super Bowl QB matchups.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nope, Collins ... also Bubbler you forgot O'Donnell between Humphries and Bledsoe

9. Bubbler

Dammit. You're right. Good pull.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hostetler won

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I only got 25 of 29. Three of those were before my time. That said, I felt like I should have gotten two of the four I missed. The other two, I wasn't surprised I missed.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I only missed Rypien and ...Favre. Yeah, I know. But I got Len Dawson and I wasn't born until the late 80s, so sue me.

Draft saved Draft deleted