1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Name a Sports Column?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by welikesports, Mar 8, 2013.

1. welikesports

welikesports Guest

I'm a college senior with a sports column for my school newspaper. We have to have a heading which is kind of silly, but the other editors have fun titles for their columns (i.e. one girl always writes about celebrity gossip and her title is something like 'I Can't Believe My Life Is Like This') we can have fun with it! I'm female, and a past example for a female sports editor was "She's Got Game" simple, sweet, and addresses the girl aspect.

I like puns and I like being funny so I am also VERY up for creative suggestions :) thanks!!

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tits, or GTFO.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Charlize Theron NSFW

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Don't do it. It's amateur hour. This is coming from someone who had one for far too long.

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I really tried to resist hating on this, but you did the unholy trinity of things I hate... all caps, emoticons and exclamation points.

Please don't ever use any of that in your writing, or, you could call your column "Exclamation Point After."

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh, dear.

[​IMG]

Seriously: if you do anything too punny or cutesy-wootsy, nobody will take anything you write in the column seriously. Like ever.

So you want to come up with something that's witty but not goofy, irreverent but not imbecilic, a little snappy but not snotty.

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

You're bubbly!

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Joy of 6

9. You guys are assholes, coming on here and mocking a student who's reached out for help.

A logo or title for a regular column in a college paper is harmless.

Versatile, really? Grow the fuck up. What is wrong with you? Ass.

This place is a fucking joke. Bunch of fucking insecure lame-ass HS swimming writers who work at 6,000 weeklies, have never gotten laid and have nothing to offer except juvenile jokes.

Fucking shameful.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit what the column is called because if that's her biggest worry than she's doing it wrong.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have some great ideas for a heading but before I provide them I would want some assurance of attribution.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you want to be edgy, you could go with "Ball Buster."

Oh, and you guys are ASSHOLES! :mad:

Draft saved Draft deleted