1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nacho Libre stinks!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 16, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Black's ship sailed with School of Rock as far as I'm concerned. Can't stand him, even though I think he's one of the few people in hollywood doing anything original. Not necessarily good, but original. King Kong notwithstanding.

And Modaho, if your lovely daughter gets her looks from her mom, then I'd follow her no matter where she wanted to go. Ballet? I'm there. Wouldn't watch it; I'd stare at her the whole time, but I'd go. So you go and enjoy being with her, and the movie likely won't matter, right? Plus, you know, if you need a tracheotomy, I imagine she'd be handy to have around.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it, so I'm not going to say 'Nacho Libre' is good.
    Our critic called it good but not great.
    However, Ebert may have passed any level credibility.
    By giving three stars each to 'Garfield: A Tale of Two Kitties' and 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.'
    I haven't seen either, but I can't envision anyway that either is tolerable.
    Also, he gave 3 1/2 stars to 'The Lake House.'

He panned 'Nacho Libre' and didn't like 'Jesus is Magic,' which I loved.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He also gave 'Napoleon Dynamite' only 1 1/2 stars.

4. Korgoth of Barbaria

Korgoth of Barbaria Active Member

Who say Napoleon Dynamite for the first time and said, "wow, that was an awesome comedY?"

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Hey, only BYH and I are allowed to nack on Idaho's wife. Tho if Beej takes another hiatus, you could fill in.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I did, and I swear it wasn't the cutie I was watching it with. Flick's f***ing hilarious.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

At Best Buy we had a 2-3 minute Nacho Libre trailer on the TVs a few weeks ago and some parts seemed pretty damn funny. My favorite was when he is flexing his ass cheeks in the tight pants and he says something like, "These are my nice pants." And the nun is like, "They look expensive." Nacho responds, "Thank you."

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, I just spit Coke through the screen and through the wall.

This doesn't sound promising. The trailer I saw was not either.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm going substitute 'saw' for ;say' in your question and then answer.
    I saw 'Napoleon Dynamite' when it came out. Once. That's the only time I've seen it.
    And it was hysterical.
    That doesn't guarantee that I'll like 'Nacho Libre.' In fact, I find it hard the believe it could be as good as 'Napoleon Dynamite.'
    But if Ebert's sunk to recommending 'The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift' and 'Gardfield: A Tale of Two Kitties,' I don't think I'll be considering him relevant anymore.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

The only summer movie I want to see less than those two is Superman Returns.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Isn't this movie targeting kids?Both of my little sisters just saw it and they loved it.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

IT STINKS!

Draft saved Draft deleted