1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NAACP leader outed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 12, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When I worked at City Hall, we held all manner of ethnic and racial "celebrations" and the Mayor would issue a Proclamation in honor of Black History Month, and other such events.

So, one year, it's decided that the head of the Jackie Robinson Foundation would be given the framed copy of the Black History Month proclamation at a ceremony kicking off the month.

So, the guy shows up, and he's --- white!

Panic ensues.

It's decided that Bob Watson, the Yankee GM, who was on hand, would receive the proclamation instead.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Abstractly, it may depend on cultural context.

I know children of white missionaries who identify as Japanese, Peruvian, etc because they've grown up there.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Eminem does.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're talking about. You don't bring other threads to the current thread.

You're a strict moralist that way.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well if a track champion can cut off his balls and declare himself a woman, why can't a white chick put on some dark blush and call herself a soul sista????

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jesus. Jenner has not "cut off his balls".

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Is he going to, though?

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Rachel Dolezal is a big Joni Mitchell fan.

Joni Mitchell Says She's 'Experienced Being A Black Guy' In New York Magazine

"When I see black men sitting, I have a tendency to go — like I nod like I'm a brother," she said.

Mitchell continued: "I really feel an affinity because I have experienced being a black guy on several occasions."

Pressed further by interviewer Carl Swanson, she pointed out the cover of her 1977 album "Don Juan's Reckless Daughter," which shows a black magician releasing doves while she stands with her arms open in the background.

As it turns out, the black magician was actually her.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can never see Bob Watson's name without thinking about the "Let them play! Let them play!" scene from The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training.

Baron Scicluna and YankeeFan like this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. A cute 6, btw.

Draft saved Draft deleted