1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

n.y. daily news hummer on scott boras

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Sep 6, 2008.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2008/09/06/2008-09-06_a_year_after_alex_rodriguez_debacle_scot.html?page=0

he's still da man, even after a-rod's perceived diss. and the newsies are happy to tell ya all about it.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Is there anything factually wrong with the story? I think Boras is an unbelievable bastard, but he's a phenomenally effective advocate for his clients, which is, after all, his job. His job isn't to be a nice guy and have his clients bend over for the good of the owners and fans. His job is to get as much money for his clients as possible.

I don't have a problem with the story. I found it interesting.

EDITED FOR A DUMBASS TYPO

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

thanks for weighing in, mr. o'keefe. :D :D :D

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle. It's not quite an apologist piece, but it is largely defensive of Scott Boras. That's like defending the Yankees.

The only thing I found really entertaining - stories of his bunker complete with the decor, the mainframe and trimmings have long preceded this one - was the swipe at Jeff Moorad. And if it really was a swipe, Boras has NO room to talk.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Story was twice as long as it needed to be.

Of course, you'd hate to edit out gems like this:

<i>"A lot has been written about Boras Corp. headquarters: It has been compared to a spaceship, a bunker, the Death Star from "Star Wars," but none of it conveys how impressive this two-story building really is.

Maybe it is so jolting because it is so different from other buildings where the business of baseball is practiced. Big league clubhouses are littered with dirty socks, food wrappers and coffee cups. Boras' offices have the sterility of a bank. There is not a paper clip out of place. The only room that looks lived-in is the kitchen, thanks to a pile of crumpled newspapers and an abandoned soda cup left on a table."</i>

So you're saying a lawyer's office bears no resemblance to a locker room? No shit.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bill Madden has no idea why he just kicked a stray kitten.

Draft saved Draft deleted