1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

N.Y. Chapter of N.O.W. blasts Kennedy's betrayal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I thought they were pro-choice?

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Starting with her husband.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And this reaction is all part and parcel of the entitlement that Hillary and her minions believed she had on the presidency. How dare Obama upset her destiny by actually winning primaries and proposing better ideas than her.

It's also funny how the NOW chapter mentioned women's support of Ted Kennedy despite the fact that he was "late" in supporting women's issues such as ERA. Also, that he was just as bad a serial womanizer as Bill Clinton.

I enjoyed an earlier comment (not on this thread) comparing Bill to Ted: at least Bill's girlfriends survived the experience.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Should we be surprised by this?

Somewhere, about ten minutes after the results in Iowa, the race for the Democratic nomination became far less about issues and the refreshing debates that it began with and far more about the Clinton's obsession with winning at all costs, even if it means playing the race card, playing the "helpless woman" card or the "cokehead card" or playing "the my husband was a meanine to me card" or whatever other card it takes.

This NOW crap -- "betrayal"? Um, correct me if I am wrong buy Obama is in Kennedy's party, too.... -- is just the latest.

What began as a legitimately interesting campaign season has quickly been poisoned and has turned into one step above the Jerry Springer show.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Anyone walking around today sans male appendage should be embarrised that NOW in someway represents them. What a joke.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

NOW does not represent me.

Never has, never will.

7. zagoshe

Thankfully the number of women who identify with the NOW and believe that organization represents their views has decreased significantly and the group continues to fade into the oblivion of irrelevancy.

And in reading these posts misogyny has clearly become the new liberal buzz word for "anyone who disagrees with Hillary, doesn't want her to be president or isn't interested in a four more years of the two-family monopoly on the White House."

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My non-support of Hillary has nothing to do with misogyny. It does, however, have to do with ageism.

Fuck the Baby Boomers.

9. zagoshe

I'm assuming this is another traitor in the eyes of the NOW......

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080129/ap_on_el_pr/obama_sebelius

10. This was one chapter of NOW, and it happens to be the chapter in HRC's home state.
    I, for one, am not altogether shocked.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A red X?

Draft saved Draft deleted