1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myron Rolle: Bill Bradley 2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

This was a great financial decision for him as well.
    While he might be able to make middle of the pack NFL money as a mid-round draft pick - say 1-2 mil over three seasons - he'll make significantly more over his 40+ year career as a surgeon/doctor

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No, that would have been a good plan also. But he must feel like this is a chance that is too good to pass up. I realized after my post that the NFL may not wait. I am not sure how long he will be at Oxford, but even being away from the game for a full season is a long time. There is only so much you can do with a trainer and the like.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I love this guy. I really do. It makes me feel good. Oxford is an experience you can't take away from anyone who lives it. A former Drake grad, who played women's basketball for the Bulldogs, is heading over there as a Rhodes Scholar as well.

When they made the announcement during halftime of Drake's women's game, she received a 3-minute standing ovation.

4. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

To some, maybe. But the fact I feel he's an excellent role model is the way he, as a "student-athlete," has treated the "student" part. He obviously values education, which I think is something to admire.

His ultimate career goal is to help people, especially underpriviledged people. I also think that's something to admire.

Sure, he could make a lot of money in the NFL. But in the end, money isn't everything. Some opportunities can't wait.

Congrats to him as well as the Drake basketball player.

Draft saved Draft deleted