1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myron Rolle: Bill Bradley 2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Nov 6, 2008.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with it? The conflict is the Maryland game.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

My mistake, I thought it was next weekend. I'm kind of discombobulated right now.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

http://www.tallahassee.com/article/20081123/FSU03/811230321/0/RSS18?GID=FRejA90XxysTEb9/wqXTHtb7OftDHeEHbC2nyrPaxcU%3D

Realize the update is a d_b, but figured it might belong here, too.

"The [private] plane was a corporate Lear jet provided free to FSU by Bob Basham, chairman and co-founder of Outback Restaurants, .... Reporters from Sports Illustrated, the Chronicle of Higher Education and the Tallahassee Democrat, plus a freelance photographer , accompanied Rolle and FSU athletics academic advisor Bill Shults.

"Rolle texted friends before takeoff. Once airborn, he ate a sandwich, napped for a half-hour then listened to his iPod. As the plane landed, he was listening to Ice Cube's "Today Was A Good Day.""

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hip-hop reference fail. Song title is "It Was a Good Day". Also, it should be airborne, so spelling fail, too!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You can't d_b by updating an original thread.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Prime Time couldn't spell 'Rhodes', let alone spell 'scholarship'. Fuck Deon and his updated Step-and-Fetchit schtick.

Mr. Rolle is an inspiration. He should win the Heisman

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's so awesome that he won. He is going to have so many opportunities opened up because of this. Good for him.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And that stupid schmuck of a columnist, William Rhoden, writes about Stephon Marbury today. He's the Sean Hannity of print

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Why would he write about something positive or a shining example to everyone, regardless of race.
    He only writes about things he can bitch about...

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I know this was probably your point, but what has Stephon Marbury done in the last 12 years to warrant a column about him?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the replay of the game and saw the fans cheering when Rolle showed up - then I realized it was at Maryland. Class act Terp fans.
    One question I wasn't able to find on the Web, so could he have gone to the interview and screwed it up and NOT gotten a scholarship? Seems like they bring people to Birmingham just to meet the person they're going to give the scholarship to. Because it would suck to be a finalist and miss out because of a bad interview. The Rhodes clearly opens some doors. I was surprised to find out how many people I"ve heard of were Rhodes scholars, Rachel Maddow, Sen. David Vitter, Bill Clinton, Bobby Jindal, director Terrence Malik, Wesley Clark..

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Pat Haden was the last Rhodes Scholar to play in the NFL, correct?

Draft saved Draft deleted