1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Myron Rolle: Bill Bradley 2.0

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. It's a good thing the NCAA is all about doing whatever it can to help a student-athlete [/blue font]

I just hope someone uses their freakin head in this case and should FSU get a night game, the NCAA allows someone to charter a flight for this kid. This is exactly the type of person the NCAA should want to promote.

And that's a kid, whether he wins the Rhodes or not, I will tell my children about.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

That kid's been a refreshing story for years. What a role model.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Great story, but why the hell are the Rhodes Scholarship interviews in Birmingham of all places?

5. Hammer Pants

Maybe they just can't get enough Blazers football.

6. Hammer Pants

Or maybe because Greenbow's not a real town, but they wanted to stay in Alabama, any way.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Awesome. Sadly, its not the norm, nowhere close. At least its not like Robert Smith's story where his coaches at OSU derided him for pursuing his pre-med courses with vigor.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Awesome that he's up for this - I have a new favorite NCAA player. The SI story about the Rolles last year (I think) was fantastic.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Then Smith transferred to USC, but never played for the Trojans because he left school early for the NFL. I still haven't figured that one out.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I knew a couple softball players when I was in college who aspired to be Pre-med and they were talked out of it by their coaches.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Very sweet story. Bst of luck to him

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

ABC/ESPN has helped out on their end, Florida State-Boston College is going to be at 8 p.m. next Saturday.

Now all he needs is an NCAA waiver to get to the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted